The term “WMS” refers to a Warehouse Management System, typically in the form of software and technology that can support the day-to-day operations of a warehouse. Wondering if WMS is right for you? Here are 10 reasons why you may NOT need WMS.
You May Not Need WMS If:
- You have less than 100 inventory items – Keepin’ it simple!
- You handle less than 10 sales orders per day – Low volume, high dollar? Nice work!
- Your profits are extremely high and a 20% efficiency savings will not improve your business by much. – You really should write a book or something.
- You do not care where your items are located within your warehouse and have pickers running around your warehouse all day – They need the exercise!
- Your team enjoys spending hours and hours manually performing physical counts – It’s relaxing and therapeutic for them.
- Your warehouse team are proficient and accurate data entry experts – They always enter inventory transactions into your ERP with speed and precision.
- You enjoy spending time explaining to your customers why you shipped the wrong product – It’s a great opportunity to connect with them!
- You do not want to improve the quality of your customer service – Because your products are so good, why would they go anywhere else?
And You Definitely Don’t Need WMS If:
- You don’t want to save time and avoid errors
- You don’t want to increase your profits by increasing efficiency
If, after reviewing this list, you’ve determined that you may indeed need WMS, ScanForce can help! With seamless integration to Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud, you can streamline your entire warehouse with powerful, easy-to-use barcode scanning technology that communicates over your wireless network.
Contact us for your free consultation to find out if ScanForce WMS is right for you.